The Fox is the ultimate WordPress theme for your magazine, blog or newspaper website. It makes your website exceptional and unique by its clean and minimal design. The Fox is suitable for both WordPress beginners or professionals. It’s fast, lightweight, easy to use and zero coding is required. Each design is pixel-perfect and dedicated to make your website standout from the crowd. You can sell products online by building a shop on the fly with The Fox + WooCommerce. Customizing your site has never been more fun with live theme options panel and page builder (Elementor or built-in theme builder, It is up to you)
The Fox is compatible with WordPress 6.1.1 “Misha”, PHP 7, 8.0, 8.1 WooCommerce, Elementor (optional), WPML, Polylang, Yoast SEO and Gugenberg editor.
How People Use The Fox
The Fox Magazine WordPress Theme is available to purchase and download
The Fox is super easy to use. If you have zero coding knowledge, The Fox is for you. With one-click installtion, you can choose among 30+ dedicated demos and make your site 100% same as demo within minutes. Plus, 1,500+ options are designed so that you can adjust every little thing in your site or change the font face, color of every element. That makes The Fox not only easy to use but also very powerful theme. It has been built since 2015 and updated constantly to add more and more features, verified by 4,000+ customers.
WordPress 6.1 Compatible
The Fox is compatible with WordPress 6.1, Gutenberg editor, widget editor and we’ll always assure theme compatibility with future WordPress versions. We also support Classic Editor for those who don’t like the Gutenberg editor.
One-Click Import Demo
All prebuilt demos are included in the download package and will appear in your backend after installing the theme. Choose any demo, click “Import” then wait for few minutes then your site will turn into 100% same as demo. If your site has content, you can choose to import theme demo style only to avoid redundant content. Uninstall demo is also easy by one click. You can switch one demo to another easily.
WooCommerce Shop Ready
The Fox is a WooCommerce WordPress theme, compatible with WooCommerce 7.x. You can build an online shop within. Shop + Sidebar can be set to left or right. Sample The Fox shops by WooCommerce:
Built-in Drag & Drop Homepage Builder
The Fox is a Page Builder WordPress theme, It integrates a simple but yet powerful homepage builder so that you can add post blocks before or after your main blog posts. No additional plugins is required, it comes right in the Customizer panel. Here’s a short video how it works. You can display post list, grid (2-6 columns), standard post block, newspaper block, post groups 1, 2… (here’s the full list). Not only posts, you can also display shortcode content, any widget like Newsletter Form, Google Adsense or Instagram Feed. For each layout, you have more options to control the details like grid column, spacing,.. thumbnail options, title options etc. Here’s the list of all possible layouts to choose from:
- Standard Post
- Grid: 2 – 5 columns
- Masonry: 2 – 5 columns
- Vertical Post
- Post Group 1
- Post Group 2
- Classic Slider
- Modern Slider
- Post Carousel
- Big Post
You can also play around with section heading, display sidebar left/right, display some banner/ad.
Elementor Page Builder
Elementor is a free page builder has powered more than 4 millions of WordPress sites. The Fox is an Elementor WordPress theme and works well with Elementor and includes following builder elements:
- Post Standard Layout
- Post Newspaper Layout
- Post Grid Layout
- Post Masonry (Pinterest-like) Layout
- Post List Layout
- Post Vertical Layout
- Post Big Layout
- Post Slider Layout
- Post Group 1 (2 columns)
- Post Group 2 (3 columns)
- Author Grid/List
- Responsive Ad
- Site Logo
- Custom Menu (horizontal or vertical)
Superfast and Optimized for Performance
The Fox is a fast WordPress theme with CSS, JS compressed by default, fully support WebP image for optimization. It’s compatible with WP Rocket, W3Total Cache, Autoptimized, WP Super Cache. It scores 96% with Google Page Speed Test, 99% with GTMetrix.
The Fox supports AMP for WP plugin which can turn your site into an AMP-friendly. Please check the AMP validation of our demo. Once purchased, you’ll have AMP Fox theme included in the package to use along with your AMP plugin. You can visit The Fox AMP demo on your phone. Here’s the step-by-step guide how to set up AMP with The Fox theme.
The Fox is coded with standard HTML 5 & CSS3 technique. We bring semantic into your code so that search engines like Google, Bing.. can read easily and understands what your site is about, where’s the headline, where’s the main image etc. Text logo is default unless you want to use image. All headings H1, H2, H3.. are well orgazined as well as CSS, JS files are minified by default to improve site speed. All Google Fonts are combined into single-call to load, and only necessary font weights are loaded.
The Fox supports Dark Mode (Night Mode) and you can be more sustainable & save a little energy by turning your site into dark mode. View example >> (note that Times Dark Mode is only one example. You can apply this to all other demos)
Fully Responsive & Mobile Friendly
The Fox is serious with mobile version. We offer off-canvas menu that looks like popular websites such as Facebook, NyTimes.. New Yorker, ELLE.. with two different skins: light or dark. You can also set background image for your off-canvas menu like this >>. Everything is responsive: You can choose different ad images for mobile screen, smaller font size for text, smaller padding/margin for elements.. The Fox supports custom mobile logo: You can upload mobile version of your site logo. By default, it’s text logo that’s very light-weight.
The Fox or none of our WordPress themes collect any kind of personal data, like email, name or IP addresses.
Unlimited Font Selection
With The Fox, you can choose system fonts (Helvetica, Arial, Georgia..), any Google Fonts or upload your own font files. Each Google Font, you can choose only necessary weights to optimize loading speed (many other themes load all weights that make your site heavier and slower). If you concern third-party font service like Google Fonts, you can upload your own font files.
6 Header Layouts
- Stack 1: Navigation bar – Logo
- Stack 2: Logo – Navigation bar
- Stack 3: Search, Logo, Social – Menu
- Stack 4: Menu – Search, Logo, Social
- Inline: Logo Left – Menu Right
- Minimal Header with Primary Menu disabled.
Sticky header can be enabled/disabled.
To enable mega menu, you just need to check to the menu item: Enable this. Very simple. The Fox supports 2, 3, 4 column mega menu item.
Loads latest posts from category: You can enable this feature for category menu item in the back end, so that when your visitors hover a category menu item, it loads latest posts in that category
Text logo and image logo
The Fox supports text logo with customizations like font face, size, color.. Text logo is practically good for SEO and is a simple solution if you don’t want to design an image logo
Versatile Footer Layouts
9 footer layouts: The Fox supports flexibly footer layouts:
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 2/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 2/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 2/4
- 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3
- 2/3 + 1/3
- 1/3 + 2/3
- 1/2 + 1/2
You can align each column left, center or right to build your own footer with creativity. Also, light and dark skin with background color, image are supported for footer.
Custom sidebar on homepage: You can choose to display sidebar between post sections. Put your ad, newsletter form, contact form, intro boxes or Instagram grid. Whatever you want.
Custom Post Type
The Fox supports custom post type and custom taxonomy. Instead of showing standard posts, you can choose to display Book, Movie or any custom post type
If a post appears in section 1, it won’t appear in section 2 even it’s in category 2. Your visitors will always being feed with fresh news
Archive top area
In each category/tag, you may choose to showcase most viewed posts or featured posts of that category/tag in some manner: post group 1, group 2, vertical post, post grid.. View example >>
Individual category, tag options
Each category, tag has its own option set so you can display category A differently from category B. Category 1 is in grid layout, category 2 is in list layout. It’s ok.
- Post layout: grid, masonry, list, standard..
- Sidebar: Left, right or no sidebar
- Top area: layout for top area or disable.
- Category cover image.
- Sidebar selection: It means you can display different sidebars for different categories.
Built-in author options
Social profile URLs such as twitter, facebook, instagram, pinterest.. The Fox allows you to upload author avatar and author cover image without installing additional plugins (note that other WP themes require a plugin to do that)
Advanced thumbnail options
- Thumbnail sizes: You can choose over landscape, square, portrait thumbnail for your blog posts or enter your custom thumbnail size that right to you, eg. 720×400.
- Thumbnail hover effect: The Fox includes 4 thumbnail hover effects: Image fade, darken, brand logo hover or the first letter of post title. You can also choose not to use any of them
- Automatic video thumbnail: Once Youtube or Vimeo video URL set for your video format post, Fox automatically pulls thumbnail from the video for your post.
Wide or boxed layout
5 Post formats supported
- Standard post
- Video post: YouTube, Vimeo or any popular video service. You can also upload your own mp4 video file.
- Audio post: Spotify, Soundcloud or any popular audio service. You can also upload your own audio file.
- Gallery post: with 7 gallery styles
- Link format: Your post in blog can point to an external link
Off canvas menu
Build a professional site with off canvas menu that opens by a hamburger button, like Facebook, Nytimes, Elle.. The Fox offers off canvas menu with 2 different skins: Light and Dark. You can choose an off canvas menu that differs from your main header menu.
Professional Image Align
You can choose to set each image in your post to be aligned wide (120px larger than the post content width) or fullwidth (to the edge of screen). Those options can be set for each image, each post or all posts
The Fox has a lot of ad spots you can use responsive banner ad or enter your own ad code, say Adsense. Each banner ad has option for desktop banner, tablet and mobile ad. Here’re spots you can insert your ads:
- Before Header
- After Header
- After Logo
- Before each homepage builder section
- Before the main stream posts in homepage builder
- Main Sidebar
- 4 Footer Columns
- Before single post title
- Before single post content
- After single post content
- In a page if you use Elementor.
- About widget
- Image box
- Coronavirus data
- Instagram Feed (third-party)
- Facebook Like Box
- Pinterest Feed
- Responsive Ad (Banner or custom Adsense Code)
- Post List (Latest, Most Viewed, Best Rated)
- Author List
- Social List
- Mailchimp Form For WP (third-party)
- Header, Footer Logo
- Header, Footer Menu
Compatible with essential plugins
- Elementor page builder
- WooCommerce plugin for shop
- Contact Form 7
- Mailchimp For WP
- SEO Yoast
- Instagram Feed
- All in one security
- WP Rocket (premium)
- Lazy Load
- Loco Translate
- WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache
The Fox supports share icons of all popular social sites. You can display share icons before, sticky along post or after the post content.
- Messenger (only rare themes support this)
(Note that Instagram doesn’t have a share button)
The Fox is one of very rare themes that support Co-Author Plus plugin, that allows your post to have 2 or more contributors. Hence you can build a multi-author newspaper and have interesting partnership between your site authors. Here’s an example of post having multi-authors.
Multi-Single Post Layouts
Let’s be creative with your own blog! The Fox includes 6 single post-layouts including HERO Big Cover Image in the header or Half Cover-Image layout. Plus, you can set narrow content width or stretch photo to the edge of screen. By that, you can convert your site into a mini-magazine by those super-impresive blog posts. Here’s the list of post layouts:
- Layout 1: Thumbnail – Title – Content
- Layout 1b: Title – Thumbnail – Content
- Layout 2: [Title] – [Thumbnail] – [Content]
- Layout 3: [Thumbnail] – [Title & Content]
- Layout 4: Hero Full
- Layout 5: Hero Half (Dark and Light)
The For live events like football match or an outbreak (Coronavirus, Forest Fire..), it has a label as “Live post” and the time indicator of latest update time. This feature is inspired by news sites like NyTimes, BBC, CNN.. See A Sample Live Post >>
7 Gallery Styles
- Image Grid gallery with options 2 – 5 columns. Sample post >>
- Masonry image gallery with options 2-5 columns. Sample post >>
- Carousel gallery. Sample post >>
- Stack Images. Sample post >>
- Image Slider. Sample post >>
- Metro gallery style. Sample post >>
- Rich-content slider (for fashion photos, like Elle). Sample post >>
Autoload Next Post
Create an infinite scroll for single posts to keep your visitors on site. When visitors reach to the bottom of single post, it loads a new post automatically. See the example post >> that has infinite scrolling enabled. For illustration purpose, it loads only 1 post but of course, you can enable it for all your posts. This is a feature inspired by qz.com or elle.com
Built-in View Count – Most Viewed Posts (Weekly, Monthly..)
The Fox integrates a simple post view counter but in a separated plugin. You may choose to install it or not. It counts post views by session so it’s pretty correct. It means refreshing the post 10 times in 1 minute still counts as 1 view. In each builder section or post list widget, you have option to display most viewed posts: all time, yearly, monthly or weekly.
Intelligent Related Articles System
The Fox integrates related posts in few positions: after post content, bottom of single post or in footer sliding box. Related post source can be: same tags, same category, same author, latest posts, featured posts. Plus, you can set priority for categories to indicate which category has higher chance to be shown and which cagory will be excluded from related posts.
Example of sponsored post >> You can change the sponsor label, name, image logo, image width and the sponsor URL.
Polylang Compabile – Multi-languages News Site
The Fox is 100% compatible with Polylang so you can turn your site into a multi-languages site.
Quick Translation Panel
The Fox supports more than 30 essential translation words right inside the customizer panel so you don’t need to install a third-party translation plugin. Words you can translate quickly in Customizer: More, Keep Reading, Read More, Previous, Next..
Control every single element
The Fox gives you total font control on each single element: general body text, heading, menu, logo, post title, meta.. 1,500+ options included and well organized, building a magazine yourself has never been more fun. Here’s the full list of typography elements you can control:
- Body font
- Heading font
- Navigation first level
- Navigation dropdown
- Logo font
- Off-canvas mobile menu
- Section heading font
- Blog post title
- Blog post meta
- Standalone category (above post title)
- Single post title
- Single post subtitle
- Single post content
- Single label heading
- Archive title font
- Widget title
- Form input
- Block quote
- Drop cap (with Gothic font option)
- Image caption
- Copyright text
- PHP 8: The Fox has been tested and and ready for PHP 8.0 and 8.1
- Single column text or 2-column text layout.
- Unlimited sidebars with the sidebar manager
- The Fox integrates a beautiful light box.
- Human-reading time: 3 days ago, 19 hours ago..
- Sentence base: word or character
- Multi-site ready
- Cross browser compatibility: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Edge.
- Retina ready
- Support for multi page articles
- Child theme supported
- Reading time in post meta
- CSS, JS Compressed by default. However, you can select to load many individual files if you want for your own purpose.
- Show/Hide everything in your site.
- Most of options are local and global: ie. there’s an option for each single post and there’s an option in Customizer that applies for all posts.
- Font Awesome 5 icon list
- Custom header logo URL
- Upload default thumbnail in case there’s no thumbnail
- Custom post blog thumbnail, ie. you can set blog image that’s different from single post thumbnail.
The Fox offers dedicated & comprehensive online documentation you can access quick & easy.
Update and Support
Once purchased, you have LIFE TIME updates. Update can be done automatically within single-click by using Envato Market plugin. See how to update the theme >> We offer great support & friendly help at withemes.ticksy.com
What’s included in the download package?
- Installable WordPress theme file
- All premade demos with one-click import.
- All necessary plugins
- FREE lifetime updates even when support expired.
- 6 months support by default (or 12 months if you choose).
- Direct support by theme author
- Online Theme Documentation
- 提示：这篇文章发布于 2023/04/02,作者 99839,总计 15935 字.
- 原文： The Fox – Modern Magazine Blog Newspaper WordPress Theme | 爱壹主题